Flex Tech, LLC is looking for an Audio Visual Design Estimator.
STRONG Design/Engineer for large Audio Visual Systems Integration.
Provide design and sales support to Account Managers; ensure projects are completely designed on time, within budget, and in accordance with Company standards and APEx standards; and provide technical advice to the Sales and Install teams.COORDINATES WITH: Clients, Project Architects, MEP, GC, Systems Designer Manager, Field Manager, Project Leads, Shop Manager, Purchasing, General ManagerKEY RESULT AREAS (KRA’s):Management:
- Ensure assigned installation projects are designed on time, within hours and financial budget, and in accordance with Company standards and APEx standards.
- Provide sales team with adequate design support to produce bids and system designs by required deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of time logs.
- Responsible to maintain current product training and attain proficiency of skill to design systems according to Company standards and APEx standards.
- Ensure workflow(s) and checklist(s) are utilized while performing assigned responsibilities.
- Maintain adequate manufacturer-specific certification.
- Maintain adequate ACAD training and attains proficiency in the skill.
- Closeout projects, make final system adjustments, create an accurate punch list, and produce close-out documents.
- Update Systems Design Manager as required on all assigned project(s) schedules and prioritize work.
- Attend industry trade shows and training to maintain knowledge of the most recent products and technologies.
- Achieve systems design within 5% of budgeted hours on each project.
- Achieve an average of .1 hour per thousand dollars of the project value for bids and proposals.
- Ensure installed systems meet or exceed customer satisfaction, conforms to Company standards and APEx standards.
- Achieves a minimum of 95% accuracy in the design of systems.
- Ensure installed systems meet or exceed customer satisfaction and conform to Company standards and APEx standards.
- Acquire 1 CTS RU Each Month.
- Coordinate with the sales department to design systems that meet or exceed minimum Company standards, APEx standards, and budget requirements.
- Coordinate with clients, project architects, engineers, and Support Staff to meet schedules, deadlines, invoice clients, and to provide needed information.
- Has experience operating A/V/L systems for an extended period of time.
- Completed or enrolled in SynAudCon.
- Completed or enrolled in Crestron Programming P101.
- Successfully held Project Lead Position.
- Has demonstrated a history of completing projects within budget.
- Has demonstrated a history of completing daily project reports a minimum 95% of the time.
- Has demonstrated a history of entering accurate time logs a minimum of 95% of the time.
- Has demonstrated the ability to successfully troubleshoot and repair A/V/L systems.
- Has demonstrated the ability to work with co-workers in a team environment and temporary staff for project resources while obtaining desired results.
- Is available to work evenings, weekends, overtime, and long hours if client service is needed.
- Willing to travel as required (US only).
- Ability to handle stressful work situations and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to help fellow workers accomplish tasks.
- Initiative to own problems and resolve them; follow-through is a top priority.
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Punctual, dependable, and highly responsible.
- Professional appearance in dress, personal office space, and department.
- 2 years’ experience designing or operating audio, video, and lighting systems.
- Successfully design medium to large size projects.
- Adequate skill in Excel, Outlook, and Word, ACAD, Proposal Generation Software.
- Convey a positive attitude about Company and management to clients, employees, and customers.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent field/engineering experience.
- Completed or enrolled in CTS.
- Completed or enrolled in CTS-D.
- Good knowledge of Audio, Video, Acoustics, and Theatrical Lighting Systems.
- Contribute to the development of new production processes to improve efficiency and quality.