REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
WORK WEEK: Scheduled in the clinic 40 hours per week, but may be required to work longer hours to ensure tasks and duties are accomplished in accordance with roles and responsibilities.
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Exempt - Professional
OSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: High
BENEFITS: Sign on bonus, AK licensure reimbursement, medical & dental insurance, PTO, floating holiday, CE time off and funds, life, AD&D and long/short term disability, 403b.
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
This position exists to provide family practice medical care to our patient population.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Evaluate and treat patients within the privilege range granted by the PCHS Board, and within the scope of training, capabilities, and license criteria as a health care provider.
- Be a patient advocate.
- Coordinate health promotional activities.
- Provide patient follow-up as necessary for continuity of care.
- Coordinate care with other health care providers when referrals are necessary.
- Be familiar with and follow adopted PCHS community health center standards of care.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely documentation regarding patient contacts within (EMR) patient charts.
- Assess grant criteria and incorporate into the patient encounter.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and expected to work the hours set by PCHS and/or the schedule set by supervisor.
- Expected to complete required trainings such as CPR, Mandt, Mental Health First Aid and any others deemed necessary for this position.
TEAM DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume a leadership role for a primary care team
- Assist in facilitating coordination of care
- Develop and implement a plan of care and recommends interventions to attain optimal patient function
- Effectively utilize electronic health record (EHR) to document clinical activity and manage patient population
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other members of Care Team
- Participate in Care Team training and learning activities
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Apply computer techniques to support EMR patient record entries.
- Understands and supports the concept of the Patient Centered Medical Home and Meaningful Use including compliance with documentation requirements.
- Sharing call with other providers in community as required by CPH by-laws.
- Taking after hours call for clinic, with agency phone, as applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines.
- Follow license criteria.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
Education: Successful completion of an approved Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy program. Board Certified in area of chosen specialty, or a minimum of seven years of family practice.
License: Maintain an active physician license with the State of Alaska. Maintain board certification including continuing education requirements.
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in a clinic setting.
Vaccine: Must show proof of Covid vaccine due to Federal Mandate unless legally exempt.
- Maintain hospital privileges at the local hospital.
- Working knowledge of health care facility.
- Maintain contacts in the community to enhance public relations with area providers and community groups.
- Promote facility programs at every possibility.
- Assist in development of educational programs to enhance patient care.
- Assist in developing staff education.
- Maintain CME criteria as defined by license requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of employees / patients with multiple disciplines in both clinic and administrative settings.
- Demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
- Travel as needed for training and educational opportunities.
- Assist in establishing policy and procedures.
- Record statistics and conducts research as deemed necessary.
- Perform role as project participant or leader as assigned.
- Must pass a State required background check plus a pre-hire drug screen.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Occasional bending, stooping, lifting, and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, telephone, and medical equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to assess patients as well as to record, prepare and communicate in writing, in person and by phone.
- An individual in this position may be exposed to communicable diseases and other diseases common to health settings, Bloodborne pathogens, and physical hazards (e.g. needle sticks, etc.).
- May be occasional lifting and transferring patients.
- Treat all co-workers and patients with dignity and respect.
- Project a professional manner and image.
- Adhere to ethical principles.
- Communicate professionally & effectively – focus on cooperation and win/win outcomes
- Serve as Community Liaison.
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS including the Employee Manual
- Follow and enforce the mission of PCHS
- Report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent.
- Expected to bring your best work and attitude to PCHS.
- Expected to handle complaints and grievances professionally, adhering to the employee manual and to uphold employee core values.
- Works closely with Medical Director to assist with training and supervising clinical personnel skills & proficiencies.
- Works closely with health care provider colleagues.
- Works closely with Clinic Managers.
- Receives direct supervision from Medical Director.
- Participate as a member of the health care team.
PCHS is an equal opportunity employer and ADA compliant agency.
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an “at will employment” policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it’s employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it’s employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I certify that all the statements herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.
I agree to submit to any pre-hire testing PCHS requires.
I am aware of and agree to a background check required by the Alaska Background Check Program and pre-hire drug screen. I acknowledge that I must clear both before a formal offer can be made by PCHS.
Powered by JazzHR