Currently offering a $2,500 sign on incentive for full time, licensed Social Workers.
The Clinical Social Worker I in the Therapeutic Foster Care Program is a licensed primary therapist to children living in out-of-home placement and their biological and/or foster families or the at-risk population. The social worker utilizes the information gained by the interdisciplinary evaluation services to develop and implement a treatment plan for the child and his/her family.
- Provides weekly individual, family or group, psychotherapy, and after-care services to foster children and their families.
- Attends interdisciplinary staffing to discuss and integrate the evaluation information and to develop a comprehensive treatment plan responding to the psychological and social needs of the client/family.
- Collaborates with the referring agency, the local Department of Social Services, to assist them in utilizing the evaluation/treatment services to develop an agency service plan for the child and the family.
- Collaborates with the school system to assure children are receiving appropriate educational services if indicated.
- Responds to the juvenile court system through written or oral progress reports when such is required in the juvenile court's development of a plan for the child and family.
- Participates in peer consultation groups and/or individual supervision for review of clinical work.
- Attends in-service clinical training programs, treatment planning meetings, and administrative meetings.
- Performs home studies and re-approvals which include, making recommendations regarding approval/disapproval of applicants.
- May participate in the field instruction program and supervise social work trainees when interest and capacity is demonstrated and may participate in community advocacy/ educational groups related to the needs of foster care children and their families.
- Develops and conducts training for foster parents.
- Provide effective 24 hours on-call support to foster parents on rotation with other staff of the Therapeutic Foster Care program.
- Maintains active ongoing participation in departmental or interdisciplinary research, committee projects, and or program development.
- Master’s degree from an accredited School of Social Work required.
- Must be licensed in the State of Maryland, by the Board of Social Work Examiners, Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as a Licensed Certified Social Worker- Clinical (LCSW-C).
- Minimum of 2 years of licensed clinical experience required.
- Experience providing services to children in the welfare population with developmental and emotional disabilities required.