The purpose of this position is to harness the skills of an experienced care manager who recently retired but has a desire to transfer knowledge to newer care managers within the organization. This position works collaboratively with inter-professional teams across the continuum of care to facilitate and ensure effective transitional care coordination. Essential to this role are the core values of patient advocacy, holistic assessment, care planning, and the empowerment of patients and families to self-manage. This role ensures compliance with standards of the accrediting bodies, state mandated revised code, and the CMS Conditions of Participation.
- Support care managers in working a difficult case by using their knowledge and expertise to guide a newer care manager.
- Perform the clerical functions of Care Management to allow the care managers to perform more transitions and follow up.
- Document Initial Assessments on all new patients and help patients complete POA or Advance Directive forms.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in RN Case Management position at the Cleveland Clinic immediately prior to retirement.
- Knowledge of acute care regulatory/accreditation requirements.
- Discharge planning and/or Quality Improvement experience.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires normal or corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: active or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and /or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities