Responsible for administering AmTrust’s global enterprise network infrastructure and implementing advanced networking solutions to support business requirements. The Network Engineer II will be participating in network projects, reviewing configurations, monitoring, troubleshooting, testing and resolving network related issues.
- Engineer/Maintain a complex network to support core, distribution, and access networks, cloud-based production systems, wireless networks, VoIP infrastructure and video communications networks
- Analyze and troubleshoot network communications, reported problems, failures and bottlenecks
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation of all network environments, inclusive of conceptual, logical and physical documentation
- Coordinate with Vendors to resolve circuit issues and, as needed, track carrier outages to resolution
- Support Solarwinds network monitoring system with adds, moves, changes and overall network system health
- Support networking in global datacenters and network topology for our international company
- Support enterprise wireless infrastructure with new installations, modifications and decommissions
- As needed, research, analyze and recommend new technologies to meet business’ needs
- Work closely with network security engineers to support daily operational firewall tasks
- Participate in evaluations and recommendations to select network equipment, services and vendors
- Maintain and manage an enterprise-wide network infrastructure such as multi-node private cloud production environment, global retail store footprint, Ecommerce sites, B2B networks, mobile computing, call centers, complex VoIP and video.
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ability to travel on occasion
- CCNP certification is preferred
- BA or BS degree is preferred or 5+ years’ experience in network engineering
- Experience with enterprise class network management/monitoring systems is desired (Live Action, Solarwinds, Splunk, Out of Band tools, Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE)
- Experience with configuring, implementing and supporting LAN/WAN technologies including Internet routing, DNS Hosting, Internetworking best practices, and Data Center Networks
- Firm working knowledge of Cisco technologies that include, but are not limited to all major models of IOS and NX-OS based routers/switches (Cisco Nexus (vPC’s), Catalyst switches, ASR/ISR)
- Experienced working with Cisco (or comparable enterprise-class) wireless technologies (Cisco WLC, LWAP’s, FlexConnect)
- Comfort level with network data capturing (Wireshark, tcpdump) and analysis tools
- QoS fundamentals (policy-maps, queue levels and etc.)
- Experienced working with EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Experience with Cisco (ASA 5500’s) and Palo Alto security appliances preferred
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies preferred
- Experience with cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, Oracle) preferredExperience with automation tools (Ansible, Python) preferred
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.