The Contact Center Agent - Customer Care serves as a first point of contact for customers who contact Lowe's for assistance.
The Agent supports multiple contact types by phone, including: online assistance, complaint resolution, product information and availability, and general inquiries regarding company and store programs. This position is in a fast-paced call center environment and schedules include night and/or weekend work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers with questions, complaints or compliments by listening to the caller's needs, asking follow up questions as necessary to gather information, accessing information, documenting the call, providing information and/or resolving the caller's issues or transferring the call to another department or pro as needed.
- Use the computer/telephone system to ensure calls are properly handled.
- Ask questions to determine the caller's interests and needs.
- Accurately track call types and obtain and document customer information when required.
- Obtain customer information and record notes during and after calls in order to accurately document customer information and to aid future conversations with the customer.
- Utilize appropriate screens and information, using computer help systems to process transactions or to respond to caller requests.
- Work with other associates to relay customer information and to quickly diagnose the customer situation and the customer's perspective in order to handle transferred calls appropriately.
- Respond with empathy to dissatisfied/irate customers by understanding the situation and making appropriate decisions to resolve the situation.
- Use appropriate judgment to resolve customer issues or escalate the call to a Pro or other Contact Center group, such as Repair Services or Sales.
- Identify consistent customer patterns and trends that might require follow up and inform management to ensure the Contact Center continues to provide excellent customer service.
- Call types include but are not limited to: store feedback, complaint resolution, online assistance, product information and availability, sales and lead generation programs, Lowe's credit programs, Lowe's rebates, How Am I Driving?, and general inquiries regarding company and store programs.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Customer Service Orientation
- Active Listening
- Attention to Detail
- Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Multitasking and Time Management
- Computer and Keyboarding
- Verbal Communication
Minimum Qualifications :
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year previous customer service experience
- Good work attendance history
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com at http://www.lowes.com/ .
Job ID: 1873494BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Sales
Department: LWSUSAContact Ctr Wilkesboro Ops
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full time
Location #: 1998
Location Name: Wilkesboro, NC
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.