- Marion, MA
- Lockheed Martin
Apply for this job
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Develops, maintains, and enhances complex test, measurement, and control software based upon documented requirements. Can work individually, collaboratively with other developers, and as part of a larger integrated product team. Responsible for creating and maintaining preliminary and detailed level software design products. Develops, reviews and tests software components for adherence to the requirements and documents test results. Documents and resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides inputs to system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Works closely with engineers and manufacturing to define and implement new product test plans, procedures and processes in an effort to achieve optimal test coverage in the most efficient manner. Supports ongoing production test needs including creating/modifying test software.Develops manufacturing diagnostics to make the debug process more efficient. Writes and revises test procedures for new and existing assemblies and products.Initiates and/or reviews ECPs that impact test software, procedures, and tools associated with factory test equipment. Implements changes required to test software, procedures, and tools.
• A minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience with the development of test software using National Instruments (NI) Automated Test Software Suite (LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI, Measurement Studio, and Test Stand).
• Skillsets equivalent to those associated with NI Technician or Basic Developer level or higher
• Experience with HW/Instrumentation APIs/Drivers (.NET, ActiveX)
• Familiarity with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements analysis, design, coding, test, integration, and verification
• Experienced with high level programming languages (for example: C, C++, .NET).
• Excellent writing, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with Digital Design
• Familiarity with GPIB, Serial I/O, USB, Ethernet hardware & communication protocols
• Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
• Understand of FPGA's / VHDL
• Familiarity with VI Analyzer toolkit, VI Unit Test framework, VI Desktop Execution Trace
Familiarity using and programming DMMs, Scopes, and Logic Analyzers
• Familiarity with schematic diagrams
• Experience with US Navy Program Executive Offices (PEOs) and Warfare Centers (NUWC)
• Familiarity with Windows Software Development (e.g. Windows SDK)
• Familiarity with Linux Development (e.g., SUSE Linux and Red Hat)
• Familiarity with real time embedded Operating Systems (e.g. VxWorks, Redhawk, QNX)
• Experience generating and maintaining program software documentation and user manuals
• Familiarity with Software Development Methodologies (Agile/Incremental/Waterfall)
• Familiarity with Model based Engineering Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Apply for this job