AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The AT&T NGEN Team assists the United States Navy in their goal of providing reliable and secure information services to their shore-based networks. AT&T has an opening for Communications Network Engineer, Mid to support the NGEN Team, in providing IT Services.
- Knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering with 4 plus years' experience as a Network Technician.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required.
- Experience must include operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers.
- Some Travel will be required
Secret Security Clearance is required (#secret)
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability
- A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices are a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required
Education and Certification:
- Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable
- Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered
- Cisco CCNA and Security+ required. ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V