The PBM Technician provides technical support to licensed pharmacists within OHSU Pharmacy Benefit Management Services. Support includes but is not limited to troubleshooting pharmacy claims, responding to non-clinical inquiries, providing call center support, implementing formulary changes, and providing utilization management support.
- Completion of high school degree
- Oregon Registered Pharmacy Technician License
- Certification from the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board or National Healthcareer Association (Certification must be maintained)
- 1 year of pharmacy work experience or equivalent additional education
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess computer keyboarding skills
- The PBM Technician must be able to work in a call center environment under stressful situations including but not limited to communicating with agitated callers
- Ability to sit/stand at computer for up to 8 hrs per shift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, Word, and Visio
- Two or more years of previous health plan or PBM experience
- Two or more years of call center experience
- One or more years of retail pharmacy experience
- Knowledge of pharmacy claims processing
- Knowledge of pharmacy/medical terminology
- Knowledge of drug names
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.