AristaCare @ Hearthside is a long term care facility located in State College, PA. We are currently looking to fill a Full Time Dietary Aide position. The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Clean work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas.
- Wash and clean utensils as directed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed.
- Assist cook in preparing meals.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc., and take to dishwashing area.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as with other departments within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
- Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals for parties, etc.
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas. Atmosphere is warm for cooking.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing staff, and other department supervisors.
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Is subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to sudden temperature changes when entering refrigerator.
- May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage area.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Maintains a liaison with other department supervisors to adequately plan for dietary services/activities.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or equivalent.
None - On-the-job training provided.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, lift and carry.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Powered by JazzHR