Microsoft Teams is the world's leading unified communications solution providing messaging, audio, video, enterprise voice and meetings offerings to enterprise customers around the world. It is Microsoft's fastest growing product in history and there is still more massive growth to come. We are the IC3 Carrier Operations Team and provide the communication services that powers Teams.
A key part of delivering value for to our customers is providing exceedingly high quality PSTN and VoIP services and connectivity. From traditional phone call services across the legacy phone network to mobile to SMS and the emerging power of 5G, we manage the partnerships with our carrier partners to enable collaboration anywhere, anytime, and in any mode.
The IC3 Carrier Operations team is seeking a Principal PM Manager for the role of a PSTN Carrier Service Manager. A PSTN Carrier Service Manager has a varied and broad area of responsibility and impact. Working as a subject matter expert within the IC3 PSTN Ops team to interface with existing and to onboard new Carrier partners. Service managers ensure the growth and health of Microsoft's connectivity to and from the global telephony network. Working backwards from the customer use cases, the PSTN Carrier Service Manager will monitor and manage against established service KPIs designed to ensure a quality experience for our customers. With new carriers, the PSTN Carrier Service Manager will help onboard new partners to the IC3 PSTN Ops tools and processes designed to support the needs of our customers and services. S/he will monitor and inspect these metrics for variation from targets while continually providing input to advance and improve our tools abilities to accurately measure the user experience. The PSTN Carrier Manager will utilize innovative problem management solutions to drive continuous service improvements within the managed carrier ecosystem. As part of managing carrier partners, the PSTN Carrier manager will participate in contractual negotiations associated with operational readiness and performance. The PSTN Carrier Service Manager will need a strong background in program, project, and performance management to drive cross platform initiatives with carrier partners. A demonstrated strong technical background in Networking and Telecommunications is extremely helpful, with a mindset for delivering universally available services at a global scale. Experience in driving successful problem and programs management activities with external parties is a cornerstone activity for a PSTN carrier manager. You will work with partner PSTN Carrier partner Operations and Engineering teams in conjunction with Microsoft senior engineering staff and business leaders to ensure prioritization of the most important features and fixes for the end to end service. Absolutely critical to this role is the ability to drive measurable outcomes through the objective use of data, deep customer empathy, and appropriate sense of urgency.
The candidate must be passionate about business impact and able to take smart risks that push the creative envelope to meet customer expectations. The successful PSTN Carrier Service Manager must be an effective communicator, possess strong written and verbal skills, and capable of bringing clarity to complex business and technical scenarios. The successful candidate will inspire confidence with SME's internal and external to Microsoft. This role is an opportunity to learn something new every day, influence an industry, and generate value for millions of people across the globe.
- Conduct weekly and quarterly business reviews with PSTN Carrier partners and internal stakeholders
- Interpretation of data, dashboards, and business insight to prioritize quality improvements
- Relationship management with strategic Microsoft telecommunications partners
- Be the subject matter expert for regional and global PSTN operational topics
- Provide input into product/service design that improves usability and avoids commonly found user pain points
- Contribute to SLA definition and supplier/partner performance specifications
- Drive and create problem management scenarios
- Deliver business outcomes beyond those mandated within SLA or contractual obligations
- Actively participate in backlog planning and development
- Collaborate and create new data models to depict business health and direction
Our team values the following set of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field, or equivalent experience. MS or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant software/service development, service engineering, or service operations
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Display ability to create and deliver training content
- Proven track record of applying problem management solutions to solve complex business problems
- Broad experience in project and program management
- Thorough and detailed oriented, while summarizing analysis to drive broader business context and insight
- Experience in contract negotiations and management of fiscal controls
- Comfortable handling ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at fast pace and will lack complete information
- Able to manage multiple work streams and prioritize as needed
- Proven ability to drive technical solutions, write, and contribute to technical specifications
- Able to smoothly shift between tactical and strategic contexts
- Strong partnering capabilities, collaborative and inclusive when working across organizations and companies
- Can synthesize and communicate analyses; provide insight to senior leaders and business partners
- Strong working knowledge of PSTN and internet design principles
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.