The Registered Nurse- Cardiology Consultation Nurse provides acute, chronic and preventative health care in several inpatient and outpatient settings, in collaboration with the cardiology. Will manager patients by assessing, coordinating care, educating and documenting pertinent information in collaboration with the physician in order to meet patient care, hospital and national guidelines.
Pacemaker experience a plus!
- Provide initial and ongoing assessment of patient health history and physical assessments identifying potential health and health-related problems and health risk profiles and reports to Cardiologist.
- Perform daily rounds and obtains information from the interdisciplinary team regarding patient progress and care. Disseminate all information to the Cardiologist.
- Review patient status and discharge instructions. Work with patient, family and interdisciplinary team to coordinate and evaluate discharge planning addressing the patient's individual needs.
- Educate patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions. Prepare instructional material and assures the quality of teaching provided.
- Serve as a resource and educator to patients, family members and staff members.
- Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Participate in the clinical research process that promotes growth in knowledge and practice in treatment of the cardiac population and incorporates research data into practice within the structure of collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain current, progressive standards through participation in continuing education programs and review of medical and health care literature.
- Paceworker experience
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current/valid Registered Nurse license from the state licensing board required.
- May be required to have additional specialty certifications.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required
- Experience (required and preferred):
- 3 – 5 years of registered nurse experience required.
- Pacemaker experience preferred