Atlas Preparatory School is taking applications for future open positions in Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grade faculty in the following areas: History, Math, Reading, Science, Technology, Health Sciences, Construction, Art, and Special Education. Atlas Preparatory School’s environment welcomes teachers who are relentless in their aim to see student growth and who want to hone their skills as effective teachers in the classroom. Below are some of the tasks required of faculty:
- Embody the characteristics that the school wishes the students to uphold, especially respect, excellence, authenticity, curiosity, hard work, and professionalism.
- Teach at least four classes each day, a weekly zero hour tutoring period, and a daily homeroom.
- Lead a club or sport one day a week throughout the school year.
- Collaborate in grade or program team one day a week throughout the school year.
- Lead one day of after school tutoring throughout the school year.
- Attend two high school team meetings per month.
- Instruct or coach during REACH Beyond (June enrichment program for scholars).
- Serve as adviser for a group of students and their families, including regular communication, problem solving, and hosting quarterly family conferences.
- Assist in student arrival and departure, transitions between class periods, and lunch periods.
- Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and other curricular materials.
- Analyze MAP data in order to achieve student projected growth targets in Reading, Language Usage, General Science and/or Mathematics.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Head of School to develop and implement strategies for all students to reach success.
- Reinforce school-wide rules and expectations in the classroom.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Assist in the design and implementation of research-based curriculum.
- Maintain the school culture of high academic and behavioral expectations through continuous reflection.
- Use detailed data analysis of student performance to inform best practices.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director, Head of School or Team Leader.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful manager of an urban classroom who has used structure, incentives, and high expectations to drive student success.
- Experienced classroom teacher with demonstrated, quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass state or local averages.
- Three years of urban teaching preferred.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Signing bonuses range from $2,500-$5,000
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits. Plan options include PPO or High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Approximately 10 weeks of paid time off for holidays, scheduled breaks during the year and summer break, in additional to personal flex time.
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical or Child Care)
- Regular staff get togethers and celebrations.
- Early student release every Friday with staff professional development.
- Four designated industrial copy machines per school with unlimited copying for classroom instruction.
Additional benefits available to all team members include:
- SimplyEngaged Plus - monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Health Discount Program - savings on Lasik, prescriptions, teeth whitening, etc
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Maternity Leave)
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Leave due to injuries)
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Life Insurance Benefit of $25,000
- Additional option to purchase Life Insurance Benefits for employees and family members
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides up to four free counseling sessions annually
- Final Will and Testament Preparation, Legal Guidance, Identify Theft and Vacation Planning Services (Lincoln Financial)
An exceptional candidate will assume a full time role no later than July 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Powered by JazzHR