Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Laundry Aide provides a variety of laundry duties in maintaining the nursing center in an orderly, sanitary condition and in collecting and laundering of linens, garments, and washables.
- Assists in transporting laundry containers of soiled linen and clean linen carts;
- Operates commercial and residential washing machines and dryers;
- Loads soiled linen into washers and loads clean, wet linens into dryers;
- Proceeds to fold clean, dry linen and place into clean carts;
- Keeps accurate records of linen inventory;
- Washes, dries, folds and distributes customer clothing;
- Maintains equipment and the laundry areas, cleans and keeps areas in a neat, orderly and safe manner;
- Follows all policies and procedures of the nursing center;
- Checks stock and notifies supervisor of supply needs;
- Delivers laundry as specified;
- Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
- Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. High school degree or equivalent is preferred. 2. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 343877
Center Name: Carbondale Nursing Home
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, "Genesis") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.