Consumer Medication Coordinator - Genoa Healthcare - Cookeville, TN
- Cookeville, TN
- UnitedHealth Group
Apply for this job
Opportunitieswith Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a
collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment
communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the
better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for
them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner.
Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based
providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get
the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our
personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication
management - are leading the way to a new level of care.
recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum
and UnitedHealth Group's family of businesses. We are part of a leading
information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making
the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a
career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life'sbest work . SM
general supervision of the CMC Supervisor, The Consumer Medication Coordinator
will enroll consumers and educate them on the Genoa medication coordination and
This position is full time Monday - Friday 8-5 pm 40 hours a week. This person will work between the Lafayette and Lebanon Volunteer facilities.
Major Duties &Responsibilities:
- Communicate withall consumers of the mental health center regarding the medicationservices Genoa provides.
- Recruit and enrollconsumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer's insurancecard.
- Facilitate thecollection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing.
- Ensure allconsumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and isproperly charged for the medications dispensed.
- Assist consumers incontacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions andensure a prompt response to their questions.
- Assist clinicstaff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistanceprograms as needed.
- Compliancemonitoring by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensurecompliance and determine refill needs as applicable.
- Prescriptionrefill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting theappropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed anddispensed to the consumer.
- May include Phlebotomyfor consumers receiving Clozapine and other medications via Genoa scheduleblood draws and sends s- amples to the appropriate lab as applicable.
- Medicationdelivery when needed and appropriate
- Check forexpiration dates (both on consumer's medications as well as house accountproducts/standing order meds)
- Ensure thatmedications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in therefrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc)
- Check fordiscrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc).
- Take back expiredor discontinued medications for destruction (as long as they are clearlylabeled by a pharmacy)
- Reliabletransportation and valid driver's license is required
Educational or SkillsRequirements:
- Whereapplicable must be licensed Pharmacy Technician or Medical Assistant background
- PTCBCertification preferred but not required
- Basicreading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normallyacquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledgeof Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
- Dutiesrequire professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellentorganizations skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an EqualEmployment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disabilitystatus, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required topass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: pharmacy, technician,retail, customer service, PTCB, pharmaceutical
Apply for this job