The Program Coordinator is a 12 month full-time faculty position and will report to the Chair of the Math and Science Department. The Program Coordinator provides leadership for the Computer Science Major, helping to foster an organizational culture that supports caring, collegiality, and professional development of students, faculty, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit, hire and manage additional Computer Science faculty.
• Operationalize the Computer Science major to include student admission to the program, curriculum scheduling, budget management, and course development.
• Teach 30 credits of courses over 3 semesters in the Computer Science program. (33 credit annual courseload with 3 credits of reassigned time)
• Provide student assistance to include scheduled registration, orientation academic advising and interprofessional education events in the college.
• Lead strategic planning, academic program assessment, and ACM / ABET / IEEE program accreditation for the program.
• An earned Master degree in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited university.
• Minimum of four years teaching experience
• Minimum of two years administrative experience with evidence of knowledge and skills/abilities in administration within an educational program
• Record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service