SPATCO is looking for an energetic Carpenter
to join our team.
We specialize in building storage and dispensing equipment for the Diesel Exhaust Fluid. This person, under the direction of the Production Manager, will be responsible for cutting, assembling, painting, bending, drilling, and fastening and install of fiberglass reinforced panels according to specifications. Essential Functions:
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Read, learn, understand and interpret blueprints and work instructions, and other instructions written or verbal, to complete assembly of products or components according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete mechanical assembly of components or products, and prepare products and other items for shipment overhead crane, hand power tools, slings, grinders, plasma cutter, circular hand saws, band saw, mechanical sheer, manual brake for sheet metal and other hand tools related to the jobs needs).
- Construct frameworks, including walls, floors
- Install walk in doors, access hatches.
- Help erect, level, and install enclosure framework with the aid of rigging hardware and cranes
- Cut, paint, shape, and alter materials as needed
- Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly, according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Cross train to other areas within the department.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products, cutting steel, and painting.
- Operate forklifts.
- Reviews bill of materials and communicates updates needed to production manager.
- Support/assist customer service/sales team with inquiries regarding customer orders or returns.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the manufacturing team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Safety rules, participate in safety meetings, and follow up on any safety issues.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- At least 2 years of manufacturing environment.
- Tape Measurement and Blueprint reading skills.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment and shop tools.
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful.
- Effective time management skills.
SPATCO Energy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. SPATCO is a Drug Free Workplace. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals who are veterans or who have disabilities are able to perform the essential functions. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Work under time constraints efficiently and have the ability to work well with others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds during the course of performing their necessary duties.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.