Are you passionate about influencing and changing an industry? Do you enjoy collaborating with other industry leaders, to accomplish something bigger than any single company can achieve on its own?
The Microsoft Intelligent Communications Collaboration Cloud team powering Microsoft Teams is one of the fastest-growing products in Microsoft history. Our team is looking for a Principal Product / Program Manager (PM) to define and develop new strategies that will help evolve our mobile collaboration services. This position will work with telecommunications partners and internal Microsoft development teams, define functional requirements for features, customer facing user experience (UX), as well as go to market strategies for our customers. You will prioritize a roadmap, own the business metrics, as well as oversee the health of your service. We expect a PM to be a master of strategy, functionality and technology, and work directly with our Microsoft developers to bring your vision to life. Your foremost accountability is getting the product in the hands of delighted customers. You will have ample opportunities to demonstrate your technical leadership with internal teams within Microsoft and partner teams externally. This is a great time to join and help deliver the promise of this technology while having lots of fun doing it!
We are looking for a talented and ambitious PM with the following attributes:
- Experience in mobile technology; knowledge in calling, conferencing, messaging mobile networks or PSTN networks is a bonus
- Define the strategy and user experience for a new mobile product opportunity
- Build internal consensus through influence and networking
- Drive Microsoft's interests with our current and future telecommunication partners
- Deliver features / projects forward through excellent program management skills
- Track record of delivering on complex requirements to realize your vision
- 7+ years experience in product management or program management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent industry work experience; MBA or Masters in Engineering preferred
- Experience delivering new products through each phase of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication & cross group collaboration skills
- Ability to network and gain consensus with internal and external partners
- Occasional international travel may be required for this position
The ideal candidate will also have the following experience:
- Domain knowledge in one of the following areas: mobile telecommunications, mobile networking, Unified Communication, PSTN, or VOIP
- Experience leading SaaS/UCaaS products at global scale
- Connections within telecommunications, unified communication, or PSTN industry
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.