Senior Quality Engineer - Aerospace
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR's areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
This is a full time quality engineering role. In this position, you will be required to work directly with suppliers and KBR to satisfy quality standards, strategy and schedule expectations in the manufacturing of aerospace and electronic components.
As a Field Quality Representative, you will be required to interact with all levels of supplier management. Organizationally, you will report directly to the Manager of Field Quality Engineers.
You will be expected to travel in support of a variety of supplier oversight functions, spending a majority of your time at supplier facilities. As our clients point of contact (POC) within the supply base in the direct support of OEM site requirements, you will:
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate implementation of advanced quality processes including statistically based variation reduction, control planning, mistake proofing, and Manufacturing Process Control.
- Evaluate prospective supplier quality systems and conduct gap analysis where required
- Evaluate procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements (including international regulation coordination issues)
- Prepare and present metrics associated with quality trends and related improvements within the supply base.
- Prepare progress reports, program reviews as needed, to assure the highest quality and cost effectiveness from the suppliers
- Train associates, suppliers, and contract personnel in Six Sigma techniques, Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You will be responsible for quality assurance processes including, but not limited to, First Article Inspection Requirements (FAIR), Self-Release and product audits, as well as coordination of Quality System (AS 9100) compliance audits and special process oversight. In addition, you will be responsible for training and deployment of Manufacturing Process
- Control, variation reduction, quality requirement compliance, Six Sigma, and other Honeywell sponsored supplier initiatives.
- US citizen required due to client contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience with 5 years of experience in manufacturing/assembly operations, quality engineering (design or manufacturing), and materials/procurement; preferably in aerospace electronics; these areas may be replaced by related military experience.
- Demonstrated self-starter & the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Experience in leading teams focused on problem solving and improvements.
- Good communication skills with the ability to provide a clear vision of the strategy and processes for key stakeholders.
- High level of analytical ability to identify and evaluate appropriate courses of action for definition and resolution of complex problems.
- 3 years of experience working with suppliers preferred.
- Certified Green Belt or equivalent; Lean Expert or Black Belt preferred.
- Experience with Automotive or Aerospace products preferred
- Additional experience or training in RCCA, Process Mapping, FMEAs and Control Plans or APQP/PPAP preferred.
- Experience using Six Sigma Plus tools preferred.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.