The Fiber Supervisor accomplishes project objectives by planning, coordinating, and evaluating project activities under the direction of the Construction/Project Manager. Typically, the Fiber Supervisor manages multiple initiatives and staff to complete business objectives.
Essential Position Functions:
- Manage two or more specific project initiatives and/or objectives simultaneously.
- Serve as the “point” person and liaison between stakeholders: Construction/Project Manager, Client, Team, and Sub-Contractors.
- Assist the Construction/Project Manager in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules.
- Complete any necessary paperwork, reporting, etc. required for project initiatives and/or objectives.
- Prepare and complete action plans to implement production and productivity on assigned project initiatives.
- Work with external contractors in addition to internal resources as required.
- Track and report initiative and/or objective progress on a weekly basis.
- Communicate/discuss initiative and/or objective status, quality, and client projected timelines to completion as required.
- Manage scope creep through client change orders and internal change orders.
- Understand billing and accounting procedures.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned deliverables.
- Supervise staff in the field/job site as needed
- Required to drive to and from TrueNet jobsites, customer/client locations, and meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 7+ years’ experience working with fiber splicing.
- 7+ years’ experience MSO/CATV experience required.
- 1+ years of field supervisory experience preferred/ Equivalent, applicable experience in lower level role may be substituted.
- Intermediate level proficiency with a Windows operating system required.
- Intermediate level or higher with Microsoft office applications (emphasis on Excel).
- Proficiency with Adobe products preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and Motor Vehicle Report.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds less than one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
- Ability to work in extreme hot/cold environments for lengthy periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel is required 25% of the time.
- The work environment is that of being in the field and office environment.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), read here
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.
Powered by JazzHR