Perform duties to provide nursing care to program participants under the discretion of Health Department supervision; provides individualized nursing care to guests residing at the Lewis Center or applicants who come in during non-traditional hours; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by providing a safe environment for individuals and families experiencing homelessness, guided by established standards and procedures.
1. Provide medical care to participants and guests of the Lewis Center.
2. Conduct health assessments of applicants who arrive during night or weekend hours.
3. Prepare clinical and progress notes as needed.
4. Instruct participants in self-care techniques.
5. Monitor the self-administration of medication by participants.
6. Report changes in participant conditions to supervising nurse, along with documented report as required.
7. Provide direction and response to the Lewis Center staff in medical situations, when Health Department staff is unavailable.
8. Report issues relating to medical care and conditions of the Lewis Center participants to the Lewis Center administration.
9. Participate in various meetings with GGI staff and others to receive guidance on program changes or enhancements.
10. Provide assistance with other general department activities. Perform any range of departmental assignments or special projects as requested.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people experiencing homelessness to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Licensure issued by the State of Florida required.
2. Minimum one (1) year nursing experience preferred.
3. Excellent communication skills required. Ability to establish and maintain rapport with participants.
1. General office environment
2. Normal sitting, standing and walking
3. Occasional assistance with lifting up to 30 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and usual peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, and office equipment, safety equipment, automobile, large passenger van or wheelchair accessible van, as required.
Pay Rate: $18.27/hour
Shift: M-F; 6am-2:30pm
Powered by JazzHR