In your field, learning never stops.
And neither do you. You are continually pushing yourself to reach higher and go
further. To do everything you can to ensure a positive outcome for our
patients. Staying on top of your game and persevering in the face of challenge
will be a big part of your success. And at every turn, you'll have the support
of an elite and dynamic team. Join us in this role and you will use your
diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our
patients, while doing your life's best work.(sm)
ECF CHOICES Program offers
person-centered care planning, support coordination, and support services for
individuals receiving Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS).
The Support Coordinator is
responsible for identifying, developing, and supporting opportunities for a
member's community involvement, including achieving and maintaining
competitive, integrated employment consistent with the member's individual
strengths, preferences, and conditions for success.
If you are located in or near
Nashville _,_ Tennessee, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as
you take on some tough challenges.
- Maximizing member strengths, resources andopportunities available in the member's community and natural supportsavailable to the member in coordination with ECF services and supports toenable the member to achieve his / her desired lifestyle and goals forcommunity involvement, employment and independent living, and wellness
- Assessing a member's physical, behavioral,functional and psychosocial needs
- Identifying the physical health, behavioralhealth and long-term services and other support services and assistance(e.g., vocational rehabilitation, housing or income assistance) that arenecessary to enable the member to achieve his/her desired lifestyle, goalsfor community involvement, employment and independent living, and wellnessand to address identified needs
- Ensuring timely access to and provision,coordination and monitoring of physical health, behavioral health andlong-term services and supports necessary to facilitate the member'scommunity involvement, including achieving and maintaining competitive,integrated employment, consistent with the member's individual strengths,preferences and conditions for success and necessary to maintain orimprove his or her physical or behavioral health status and functionalabilities, to maximize independence, to ensure the member's rights andchoices, health, safety and welfare, and as applicable, to delay orprevent the need for more restrictive and more expensive institutionalplacement
- Facilitating access to other supportservices and assistance the member needs to achieve his / her desiredlifestyle, goals for community involvement, employment and independentliving and wellness and to address identified needs
- Performs other related functions asassigned
Must live in the state of Tennessee
and Travel to Members Homes up to 75% of the time.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in
an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it
takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles
you may be interested in.
- Must meet at least one of the following:
o RN or LPN, with a preference that such individuals also have current
certification from the Developmental Disabilities Nurses Association as a
Certified Developmental Disabilities Nurse (CDDN) for RNs or a Developmental
Disabilities Nurse (DDC) for LPNs, as applicable OR
o Have a bachelor's degree in social work, nursing, education, rehabilitation
counseling, or other human service (e.g. psychology, sociology) or health care
profession or other related field as approved by TENNCARE OR
o Meet the federal requirements for a Qualified Developmental Disabilities
Professional (QDDP) or Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) OR
o Have five (5) or more years' experience as an independent Support Coordinator or
case manager for service recipients in a 1915(c) HCBS Waiver and have completed
Personal Outcome Measures Introduction and Assessment Workshop trainings as
established by the Council on Quality and Leadership and are prior approved by
TennCare on a case-by-case basis.
- 5+ years of experience working within the community health setting
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health, ICF/IDD, Special education, or advocacy role
- 2+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, Including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- A background in managing populations with ID and/or DD, complex medical and behavioral health challenges.
- Experience with electronic charting
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, registered nurse, LPN, licensed practical nurse, Certified Developmental Disabilities Nurse, CDDN, Developmental Disabilities Nurse, DDC, Support Coordinator, members, QDDP, Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional, Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional, QIDP, HCBS Waiver, long-term care, home health, hospice, public health, ICF, IDD, intellectual or developmental disability, social work, human services, Quality, Leadership, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, field based, Long term Services, Medicaid, Community, Memphis, Shelby County, TN, Tennessee