Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives .
The Warehouse Specialist - Truck Driver is responsible for all areas of warehouse activities: receiving, shipping, storage, inventory accuracy, and picking operations to support both internal and external operations, starting from receipt until final product shipment. The specific activities of a specialist are determined by the warehouse of assignment: Raw Material, Finished Product, Material Handler, or Driver. This position reports to a Manager, Materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
Truck Driving : Will be required to drive company trucks for transport of material; will require a Chauffer's license and must adhere to other requirements for drivers.
- Uses computer systems provided by company to initiate reports, track and transact inventory, and other activities.
- Coordinate movement of material, order picking, between warehouses and all company locations, at the correct product temperature.
- Proper completion of dangerous goods Bill of Lading (BOL) where required for carrying dangerous goods.
- Daily vehicle inspection and cleaning.
- Proper operation of temperature control unit.
- Proper downloading of truck data.
- Re-fueling trucks at assigned intervals.
- Adherence to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Dispensing of material from Raw Materials warehouse.
- Must be able to operate barcode scanning equipment.
- Safe loading and unloading of trucks, including BOL/pack slip verification and damage assessment.
- Proper packing of material for shipment.
- Utilization of various systems required to ship materials (FedEx, UPS computers).
- Proper documentation of shipping, receiving, or batch dispensing activities including active drug product and finished product.
- For all processes (Receiving, Shipping, Dispensing, Driving) receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Fills and prepares inventory for transportation through material handlers and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
- Ability to travel to perform duties in multiple locations.
- Compliance with worldwide regulatory agencies Department of Transportation (DOT), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and other company SOPs and regulatory agencies in conducting warehouse activities.
- Perform general duties of warehouse, including: cycle counting, temperature monitoring, work order picking, ERP navigation and use, inventory accuracy, material storage.
- Powered industrial truck (PIT) operation, including other material handling equipment.
- Respond to environmental chamber alarms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse and/or technical office experience required.
- Must be able to operate forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Must be able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Track wise, etc.)
- Must have (or obtain before start date) a chauffeur's license.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift to support packing and warehouse activities.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our products and therapies touch the lives of millions of people around the world every day, which is why we are focused on transformative innovations that bring smarter, more personalized care to all of us. For 87 years and counting, we have been at the critical intersection where the ideas that save and sustain lives meet the providers who make it all happen. And now, we are determined to realize our boldest opportunities to transform global healthcare for years to come.