No need to go far to change the world - one patient at a time!
Sodexo is seeking a self-driven Registered Dietitian to provide outstanding critical care nutrition at the University of Louisville Hospita l.UofL Hospital is a nationally renowned academic teaching and research medical center ,and the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region. This inpatient position is affiliated with UofL Health, an integrated regional academic health system, and with the Sodexo team of dietitians in the Louisville area. UofL Hospital additionally offers an extensive burn unit, a nationally accredited stroke center, and specialty oncology outpatient center.
The Registered Dietitian will:
- Provide direct comprehensive nutrition services by using evidence-based clinical standards of care to assess complex patient nutritional needs
- Identify patients at risk of malnutrition, and provide therapy by integrating nutrition support and directing the nutrition prescription
- Utilize the nutrition care process and information systems to coordinate patient care goals
- Collaborate with the medical team, nursing, pharmacy and other healthcare professionals to reach treatment objectives and obtain successful outcomes
- Be competent to place post-pyloric enteral feeding tubes using an electromagnetic-guided placement system, or obtain competency within first year of employment
- Teach and counsel patients, families, and care givers as an element of the inclusive care and treatment provided
- Keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related research, policy, and standards of practice in critical care nutrition
- Be registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and licensed as a dietitian in the state of Kentucky
- One year minimum recent prior experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills to serve as a nutrition resource for patients, staff, and community
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-motivate, necessary in this high paced environment
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
System ID 594532
Relocation Type No
Employment Status Full-Time