We think church should be fun, meaningful, and make a difference in your life. Our name, Open Fire International Fellowship, represents our vision, which is to see every person in the city know Jesus as the forgiver and leader of their life.
We are fully committed to loving our city well. We meet online and have 2 physical locations in and around Central Texas. We?re 9 years old and we?re excited to add to the team, as we continue to go after the vision that God has put on our hearts - every person in the city.
You'll thrive with us if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Love the creative process and respond well to feedback
- Value collaboration, but can work independently
- Dream about opportunities to communicate in creative ways
- Believe that the mission of the church to see people find hope and life through Jesus is worth giving your life to
- Are a continual learner: Always improving and finding better ways to use the latest tech and tools
This is what we hope you would bring to the table:
- Is a committed follower of Jesus
- Creative vision and aesthetic that fits with Open Fire brand and personality
- Know how to communicate well through media and words
- Experience creating graphic arts, video editing, and motion graphics is a plus
- A great attitude
Summary of Role
The Creative Director has overall responsibility to provide leadership and direction for all creative needs across the church. They are hyper-focused on digital impact, creatively connecting to those for those who don?t know Jesus yet in Philly, and leading us into the future of church communications and content.
We believe that the Church should be the most creative place on the planet. With that in mind, we hire people with a high level of vision as well as technical skills.
This is what you?ll spend the most time on...
Provide strong leadership and direction for all creative needs across the church.
- Champion the culture and brand of Open Fire, overseeing the look and feel of Open Fire, both online and in-person.
- Lead and develop the creative team of volunteer team members and contractors, drawing out the best from everyone.
- Lead ideations and brainstorms to generate new ideas and concepts, and help solve problems.
- Look to the future - regularly evaluate and update our creative processes, content, and the Open Fire brand as needed, to appeal to and stay relevant with our target demographic.
Plan and produce current, compelling, and engaging content through the creative team.
- Support the creative design and production elements for message series, online services, weekend services, and special events, including graphics, video, etc.
- Oversee the look and feel of the environments at our physical locations - from the streets to the seats - including signage, wayfinding, lobby, auditorium, stage, kids spaces, etc.
- Manage projects effectively; meeting timelines, quality expectations, and overall goals.
Provide direction for Open Fire?s digital presences, internal and external communications, marketing, and public relations.
- Lead the ongoing development, design, and function of all websites and our app.
- Create an engaging community and impactful content through social media platforms.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and plans to connect to an unchurched audience.
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to Epic staff, contractors, and team members in producing digital, print, and written communications and content.
- Create and produce clear, exciting and appealing weekly announcements in varied formats.
- Create, update and maintain website/ social graphics to ensure both current and prospective members are well informed in a creative and easy-to-navigate format.
- Create with excellence visual elements for the weekly service, special events and seasonal productions as directed by various event coordinators.
- Provide visual elements on an ?as needed? basis for Sr. Pastor and Worship Arts Ministries.
- Diligent in managing/executing multiple projects.
- Develop and train volunteer teams to help produce the highest quality visual elements
- Collaborate with other coordinators and directors to deliver the highest quality graphics/ visuals throughout all ministries.
- Steward the development and proper allocation of the Creative/ Design budget.
- To manage personal weekly schedule and work with Creative Director so that all design projects are completed with excellence by the assigned deadline
- To build/ lead a team of design and/ or media capture (photography) volunteers
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Creative Director
- Participating in the life and ministry of the church
- Presenting video design plans for approval prior to development and posting
- Working with executive staff, and ministry leaders to conceptualize and design videos
- Providing constructive and positive leadership during video filming and production
- Working with communications specialist to align marketing, media and video graphics and content
- Selecting or creating appropriate and visually appealing settings and lighting for video filming
- Producing highlight reels and promotional clips for communications campaigns (special events, Christmas, Easter, mission trips, baptisms, VBS, consignment sale, summer camps, etc.)
- Transfering worship service footage from streaming to post production format and online posting
- Creating sermon series trailers and promotional video clips and post in timely manner
- Producing testimonial videos for use within the worship service and for online use
- Recruiting, training and empowering video ministry volunteers as needed to help produce recordings and content.
- Advising pastors and church leadership team of video ideas and needs for Open Fire International Fellowship
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years? experience in ministry management with graphic design, marketing and creative management experience, and ideally experience in developing creative worship services
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to excel at details, multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent people management and team coach skills
- Able to navigate all aspects of AVL production, message development, design, social media, and marketing
- Exemplifying a godly lifestyle and spiritual leadership to the BPC community
- Self-motivation, a professional demeanor, adaptability to change, and a ?whatever-it-takes? attitude
- Knowledge of Pro Presenter and other platforms
- Adobe Creative Suite: 3 years (Required)
- Active in a local church: 1 year (Required)
COMPENSATION: Based on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Creative design and Production: 3 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 3 years (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
Company's Facebook page: