Role Summary:At GE Healthcare, we're looking for assemblers, including temporary positions, for second (3:30pm- 12am) and third shift (11:30pm - 7am), in Madison. In everything we do, with every product we produce, we help improve lives in moments that matter. You'll earn competitive wages with a base pay starting at $19.58, as well as benefits, including medical, dental, paid time off and retirement. Join us and make every moment matter.
Essential Responsibilities:As a Manufacturing Production Associate, you'll work in production, supporting the manufacture of Anesthesia machines, Critical Care Ventilators, Vaporizers or Maternal Infant Care products. You'll help in driving product quality, delivery, and Lean processes in a great working environment with excellent benefits.
• Follow instructions to perform electronic and mechanical assembly.
• Fine manipulation of parts, test rigs, and assembly jigs to facilitate production
• Utilize handheld and power tools to facilitate production.
• Utilize test and verification processes to ensure high quality production.
• Document completion of procedures and non-conformances.
• Move, store, transact, and deliver material throughout the plant.
Qualifications/Requirements:• High School Diploma, equivalent or 5 years of relevant experience
• Consistent proven work history
• Ability to perform detail-oriented work and complete projects on time
• Basic computer knowledge
• Must be able to physically lift (floor to waist, waist to crown level, and horizontally) and carry up to 30 lbs.
• Must be able to physically perform simple grasping, firm grasping, fine manipulation, neck
• rotation, and neck flexion frequently (34-66%) throughout the workday.
• Must be able to physically twist, push/pull, reach at or above shoulder height, reach below should height occasionally (6-33%) throughout the workday.
• Must be able to physically stoop, bend, squat, and balance rarely (1-5%) throughout the
Desired Characteristics:• Experience in medical device assembly
• Light manufacturing or assembly experience
• Electronics/computer training and/or experience
• Higher education courses and/or relevant work experience
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Team player open to new ideas and continuous improvement
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Wisconsin;Madison;