AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Tier II Network Technician to support the Intelligence community in providing technical support for the customer's LAN and WAN across the enterprise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Tier 2 network field technician will support the installation and maintenance of the client's LAN/WAN devices.
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets.
- Implement standard network change requests.
- Provide support to Tier 3 network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment).
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, inventory.
Required Clearance: Active TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Bachelors and 3 years of experience OR Associates and 5 years OR HS and 7 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP.
- Working knowledge of Service Now or similar ITSM products.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V