Pacific Retirement Services is currently looking for a full-time Medical Billing Specialist to join our accounting team at our Central Office in Medford. At our core, Pacific Retirement Services develops, builds, and operates retirement communities with a healthcare component. Our central office is home to more than 100 employees providing and our mission is to provide shared services (accounting, sales, marketing, IT, human resources, etc) to our communities. A complete list of our portfolio can be found on our website at www.retirement.org.
- Medical, dental, vision, life/AD and D, and short- and long-term disability insurance for the employee—100% paid by the employer.
- 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match.
- An additional employer-defined contribution retirement program.
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Promote from within company culture.
- Responsible for processing monthly resident statements.
- Process medical/insurance claims for our healthcare units at each of the communities.
- Handle sensitive billing issues with resident population or authorized representative of resident, insurance providers and medical care providers.
- Processing of all charges in relation to resident billing which may include, therapy, lab, x-ray, pharmacy, dining, maintenance connection, and all other misc charges incurred by the resident.
- Monitor and collection of AR aging.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in medical claims billing.
- Must have prior experience in a professional office setting.
- Must be proficient in common office software programs such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must have a general understanding of HIPPA, Insurances and/or billing background.
- Must pass a Medicare background check.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.