Laboratory Technician Reports to:
Monday – Friday 1:30pm - 10:00pm MGC Pure Chemicals America, Inc. is an expanding and stable chemical manufacturing company located in the Forest Grove, OR area. We are looking for a qualified Laboratory Technician to join our team. Overview
Responsibilities will include reviewing and updating the lab quality control processes, reviewing and analyzing the results of tests to improve quality level, working with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve problems. Will work as part of a team to bring on a new production line and will play a key role in maintaining that production line after the initial project is complete. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Proficiency with laboratory software, utilization and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation (i.e. ICP/MS, Graphite Furnace, Anion and Cation)
- Review laboratory testing methodology and recommend improvements.
- Oversees the implementation and administration of quality programs within a lab environment; operates under general supervision, and receives direction on topics and issues.
- Recommends programs to ensure quality products and services, such as laboratory or manufacturing operational procedures, working with functional groups to implement quality initiatives or changes, and ensuring overall efficiency.
- Works with suppliers, customers or internal departments to review material or product specifications, resolve product or operational quality problems, and addresses questions and concerns.
- Reviews a variety of reports to examine compliance, audit operations, results of documentation, ensure operational efficiency and quality, and demonstrate compliance with internal and external quality standards.
- Reviews and updates new materials or formulas based on operational and customer problems and suggestions, plant environment, and works with appropriate personnel to approve and implement changes.
- Ensures compliance with department/company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinates quality matters with other departments and locations, including senior management.
- Research new laboratory instruments and coordinate the installation and incorporation into production.
- Ability to respond quickly and prioritize activities to meet a changing production schedule.
- Responsible for training laboratory technicians on laboratory equipment for analysis and on Quality Systems.
- Work closely with and support other engineers within the department to improve operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Chemistry or related science or equivalent.
- Three (3+) plus years of experience working in a laboratory within a manufacturing industry.
Please send in a copy or your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer an outstanding benefits package which includes: 89% employer-paid medical (employee and family), 80% employer-paid dental (employee and family), vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance and a matching 401k plan. Ten vacation days, five sick days, and sixteen paid holidays annually.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.