At SSM Health at Home, we offer a range of services - all with one goal: to keep our patients as safe and independent as possible at home.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Certified Nursing Assistant! In this role you will travel to patient homes to provide care within the established plan of care. This position offers you the great reward of knowing you can make a difference in the communities we serve.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:00am -4:30pm (Requires weekend/holiday rotation). In this position you will work 16 hours per week as needed.
This position requires travel to patient homes.
Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver's license.
Must maintain an acceptable driver's record per company policy.
Must maintain proof of current auto insurance.
Requires conduct of 8-10 visits/week, 4-5 visits/day (based on a 8 hour work day, 16 hours work week).
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and reassessment at specific times for patient population. Documents and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Answers patients' calls for help, takes their vital signs, and monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds. Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders, preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
SSM Health is committed to equal employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other statuses protected by law.