- Assists eye care providers and technicians in the exam and treatment of patients.
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming standards.
- Performs and documents diagnostic testing ordered by eye care providers.
- Administers topical ophthalmic and oral medications at the direction of the provider.
- Assists in patient transfers, including to other areas of the department for completion of the examination.
- Performs tasks of basic computer scheduling, rescheduling, canceling, and coordination of appointment.
- Collects and records accurate telephone information per department policy and relays it to eye care provider or technician.
- Demonstrates understanding of current system and department policies and protocols for infection control, instrument reprocessing, safety and other patient care workflows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No experience required
SSM Health is committed to equal employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other statuses protected by law.