SSM Health at Home strives to provide the best quality care to our patients and customers. We offer a range of services - all with one goal: to keep our patients as safe and independent as possible at home.
We are currently seeking a Hospice RN Case Manager for our Dodgeville, WI territory to travel to patient homes and facilities to provide end of life care. Our hospice team is dedicated to helping patients achieve the best quality of life possible, managing symptoms, pain, and anxiety, while providing emotional and spiritual support for our patients and families.
Don't miss this opportunity to gain a fantastic clinical experience and to know you will make a difference every day in the lives of our patients. Fulfill your calling by joining our exceptional team of professionals!
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (includes on-call and rotating weekend and holidays)
This position requires travel to patient homes and meeting locations.
Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver's license.
Must maintain an acceptable driver's record per company policy.
Must maintain proof of current auto insurance.
Requires conduct of 25 visits/week, 4-5 visits/day or 1.66 hours/visit (based on a 8 hour work day, 40 hour work week) pending census and staffing.
- Ensures compliance with Condition of Participation (CoP) discharge planning.
- Identifies and escalates gaps/barriers related to inpatient and observation length of stay.
- Assesses patients at high risk for readmission. Identifies root cause for readmission. Develops plan and collaborates with multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning to next level of care.
- Participates with other members of team regarding opportunities for improvement in standard work.
- May also be responsible for: utilization management process, ED case management process, admission process, and act as a case manager liaison with post acute providers (skilled nursing facilities, rehab, home health, etc.).
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Three years' acute care experience
SSM Health is committed to equal employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other statuses protected by law.