At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
Under general guidance, participates in the continuous, safe and efficient operations and/or maintenance of an assigned functional area. Provides training to others through day-to-day contact. Provides technical advice and counsel for difficult projects. Prioritizes, directs, monitors and evaluates security workload of a particular area or facility within the organization. Participates in monitoring controls and administers to the employee population and general public to achieve maximum business results relating to overall performance, cost efficiency and reliability.
1. Must be certified with the Indiana Law Enforcement Agency (ILEA)
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a law enforcement agency
3. Well-developed planning, organizing, interpersonal and communication skills
4. Highly organized self-sufficient self-starter
5. Available to work any of three (3) shifts, including weekends and holidays
6. Road Patrol and Customer Service Center require either Active or Reserve uniformed law enforcement officers
7. Must complete and pass all HR requirements including medical/criminal background/drug testing/BMV
8. To be considered for this position, a candidate must either be an active or retired law enforcement officer
1. Assist in insuring the safety and security of employees, customers, contractors and assets by patrolling facilities, controlling physical access, responding to incidents and alarms, coordinating initial crisis management response, preparing internal reports, assisting employees with unruly individuals.
2. Act as liaison between the company and law enforcement.
3. Communicate activities with the Intelligence Security Operations Center (iSOC).
4. Adhere to company policies and procedures that include participating in company-mandated training sessions -- such as annual training and certification in Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), pursuant to federal mandates.
5. Patrol substations and facilities where assigned
6. Respond and report on incidents not on company property, such as accidents involving company-owned utility poles.
Perform other duties as assigned. Minimal local travel required.AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: