The Classroom Support Staff works cooperatively with the Teacher and Teacher Assistant to assist with the daily education program and assigned classroom. Under the reflective supervision of the Teacher, the Classroom Support Staff will assist with classroom activities and will help maintain a safe and clean classroom environment that reflects the agency's philosophy and curriculum.
2020/21 School Year - August 19, 2020 through June 30, 2021
The Classroom Support Staff will be assigned to the (4) Head Start Centers as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Performance Indicators:
- Establish positive relationships with children and other staff in his/her assigned classroom.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in all enrolled children’s responses and needs through constant communication, a positive approach, and prompt, caring assistance.
- Help carry out daily programs by assisting Teacher and Teacher Assistant as needed, including interactive care of children during assigned activities and routines.
- Assist teaching staff with the management of classroom behavior appropriately and respectfully, remaining sensitive to individual child needs.
- Communicate with teaching staff immediately of any observed classroom, child, or procedural concerns.
- As assigned, escort children to and from bus, bathroom, recess, and school trips.
- Eat with the children family style and serve as a role model in trying new foods, using good manners, and beginning conversational skills. Encourage/assist children to serve themselves and pass platters in a family-style setting.
- Assist children with clean-up after meals.
- Assist with end of day classroom clean-up.
- Maintain Professional and Ethical Standards:
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Agency policy and legal requirements.
- Respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, and children.
- Attend mandated trainings and meetings, and seek out staff development opportunities.
- Work as a team member with all staff and maintain a positive work ethic.
High Schools Diploma or GED
Prior experience working with preschool aged children