Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we'd love to talk to you.
In the role of Server, you will be responsible for providing dining service of meals to our residents in a courteous and friendly manner. In addition, you will be responsible for setup and cleanup after meal service.
- Greet residents and guests at each table with a smile to serve beverages, cereals, and/or soups/salads from cart. Courteously and clearly review the menu of the meal, take resident orders; serve meals and desserts.
- Return cart to kitchen and assist with storage of perishable items. If needed, deliver trays to resident rooms.
- Bus and clear dishes from tables after meal and reset for next meal following proper sanitizing procedures for tables and chairs as outlined in the Food Service Guidelines. Vacuum carpets, etc.
- Complete side work - fill sugar holders, replenish creamers, clean coffeemaker, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in serving is preferred
- Ability to present meal alternatives to residents and guests.
- Demonstrated Customer Service orientation
- Effective communication skills in English
- General knowledge of sanitation and safe food handling practices
- Ability to retain orders (up to 4 at one time)
- Basic Computer skills
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.