This position has a dual role, the Site Supervisor will oversee day-to-day operations, as well as the supervision and training of staff in a CHSofNJ Early Head Start center to ensure quality program services in a positive nurturing environment for children. The Site Supervisor responsibilities include supervision of the educational services; guiding curriculum and program planning, development, and training; serving as a resource for teaching staff; analyzing data and completing reports related to the provision of educational services; supervision of classroom staff.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of a safe, clean, healthy, and productive work environment, including both indoor and outdoor facility.
- Ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal and state regulation, and knowledge of licensing requirements.
- Supervise center staff and ensure the completion of performance evaluations, and professional development.
- Maintain record keeping and reporting systems to ensure accurate information, with timely completion and follow-up.
- Actively participate in parent or group meetings, community collaborations and affiliations in order to advocate for Early Head Start children and families.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment of School Readiness goals.
- Oversee supervision and management of children by the teachers in the classroom in order to ensure a safe, clean and healthy learning environment.
- On-going professional development through education, role modeling, and providing training and resources.
- Ensure that teachers conduct home visits for children in accordance with Early Head Start performance standards.
- Use TS Gold to check lesson plans and individualizations and provide feedback.
Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably within Early Childhood Education
Minimum of three years experience supervising and a minimum of five years working in Early Head Start.
Other Qualifications: Must have a car and valid driver’s license as some travel is required.
- Direct supervision of Teachers, Teaching Assistants, and Floaters, substitutes and maintenance staff.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence, and read and interpret documents.
- Knowledge of various software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Publisher and TS Gold. ChildPlus software or equivalent a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with community members and groups, managers, regulatory agencies, and families both individually and in group settings for program enhancement needs.
- Ability to supervise and manage staff efficiently and effectively within the guidelines of CHSofNJ Head Start policies and mandates.
- Ability to train staff on child development, on-going assessment process, and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources and Early Head Start Center Based Manger to resolve personnel issues with education staff at all sites.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively.