All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Plans and manages both labor and physical product to ensure continuous
flow of goods and meets daily distribution requirements in an automated environment.
2. Coordinates with other departments to ensure timely, damage-free, accurate flow of product through the facility.
3. Maintain inventory control within their area so as to maintain accurate accountability of physical inventory and reporting.
4. Provides training, support, direction and guidance to subordinate personnel to
develop job skills and effectively evaluate and document individual performance.
5. Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods,
and elimination of wasteful practices within the department.
6. Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping
The ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
Direct : 1-2 exempt Assistant Supervisors and/or 15 - 60 Hourly associates
Indirect : 50 plus Hourly associates
Equipment: 1 million plus
Salary: 300K - 500K for Hourly associate
1. Determines appropriate work location for departmental associates on a daily basis.
2. Based on information supplied by operations manager, sets work priority within the department and shift.
3. Recommends overtime when appropriate.
4. Reacts to issues/encumbrances negatively affecting product flow.
1. Develops contingency plans for work volume in case of abnormal operating circumstances.
2. Utilizes appropriate managerial techniques to motivate associate staff.
Internal & External Contacts:
Internal : Management, Hourly Associates, Inventory Control, Maintenance and IT
External : Vendors, corporate traffic, corporate IT, and freight carriers.
Experience: Option A 4 year bachelor's degree in business or related field
2-4 years distribution or relevant supervisory experience experience
Option B 7-10 years demonstrated leadership experience, preferably in a distribution environment
Skills: Leadership, tenacity, team spirit, solid oral and written communication skills, basic computer knowledge. RF experience is a plus