Innovative Data Solutions (IDS) is a small business specializing in engineering and supporting mission critical IT infrastructure for the US Government Intelligence, Defense and Homeland Security communities.
Established in 2008, IDS has over 11years of experience delivering IT solutions to the Federal market. We’re a small company of technology enthusiasts and we thrive on exceeding expectations. We specialize in Hybrid CloudInfrastructure, Enterprise Storage, High Performance Computing, Cybersecurity and Data Analytics. Across these technology areas we provide full lifecycle services: strategy, design, implementation and operations.
IDS engineers are based in Washington, DC and St. Louis, MO and are experienced working with US Government installations across the US, Europe and Asia
We are seeking a TS/SCI cleared Senior Systems Administrator with Windows and Linux experience for a new 6 year contract with an Intelligence Community agency in Chantilly, VA.
**THIS POSITION'S PHYSICAL LOCATION IS IN Cape Canaveral, FL.
Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include providing Tier II support in maintaining multiple large Enterprise environments. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple Microsoft based networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) environment.
System Administrative Advisory duties will include management of Windows and Linux workstations on EVDI and physical to include:
- Troubleshooting application functionality, crash and performance
- Investigate user performance and work with external teams to improve user experience
- Assist customers with Tier 2 incident resolution for Linux and Windows applications.
- Provide remote end user desktop support
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system incidents with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions. Responds to escalated service desk/team requests.
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; work well within small and large team environments.
- Willingness to provide initial triage, response, and notifications for incidents
- Participates in special projects as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Active Directory Administration
- DNS, DHCP, DFS, LDAP
- Windows 10, Server 2012, Server 2016,
- Application Troubleshooting such as Outlook, Excel, Word, JAVA, Internet Explorer
- Linux Operating system
- Understanding of ServiceNow, NETS or other ticketing process
- ITIL v3 or higher
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Virtualization Environments (VMware, Citrix)
- Profile management utilizing the VMware User Experience Management (UEM) toolset
- Microsoft Exchange
- Telephone/Video support
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community and their mission
Benefits and Perks
- Industry competitive salary well above market average
- 401K plan with 4% company match, immediately fully vested
- Referral bonuses up to $5,000
- 100% company-paid benefits
- Gold PPO Medical plan for employee + family
- Vision and Dental plan for employee + family
- Short Term Disability for employee
- Long Term Disability for employee
- Life Insurance for employee
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- 180 hours (minimum) per year of PTO with additional time at manager discretion
- 10+ Company Holidays per year
- 6 weeks paid maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible work environment to accommodate commuting, family and personal schedules
- Career Growth
- Company sponsored training and certifications
- No questions asked professional/business/technical book reimbursement
- Company paid training and conference attendance and travel expenses
- High speed, low drag environment - exceptional client service with minimal internal bureaucracy
- Regular quarterly company sponsored events and meet ups
- Annual company holiday party
Powered by JazzHR