You're part educator, part salesperson and, just for fun, part event coordinator. As a sales representative, you're the face of our office in the community, meeting with real estate agents and others to promote our title and closing services and earn their business. You connect agents with escrow officers by getting to know them and their personalities, connecting those who will work well together. You educate agents by sharing your expert knowledge of the latest industry and local developments. You sell our services by gaining their trust to build enduring relationships that go beyond business. And you get to have fun, entertaining clients to cement friendships on a business and personal level.
Who you are:
- Self-starter, eager to compete for business, setting your own schedule, willing to work outside the traditional 9-5 hours, and knowing how and where to seek new business opportunities.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable, confident and convincing, whether meeting with individuals or speaking to a group. Your ability to read people and understand their personality enables you to create lasting relationships with agents and escrow officers.
- Flexible, able to change direction on a dime, meet new or unexpected challenges head on and then return to the previously planned work.
- Approachable, with a friendly, open and engaging personality that puts potential clients at ease and builds their trust.
- Professional demeanor, creating a positive image for the company through your appearance, performance and relationship with colleagues and customers.
- Creative, finding new ways to meet and engage with agents; planning after-hours events and get-togethers that are both entertaining and fortify our relationship.
- Going beyond sales: Identifying and meeting with the area's real estate agents and lenders to pursue and cultivate relationships that enable you to sell our title and closing services.
- Committed to follow through: Closing the loop with potential clients by responding to open questions and obtaining information that will persuade them to use our services.
- Trusted resource: Recognized by agents and lenders as the "go-to" person with the expertise and support staff to answer their questions.
- Socially savvy: Using social media to develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Educating agents: Helping agents become better at their jobs by creating and conducting workshops using a combination of prepared and customized materials.
- Minding the details: Sharing the results of meetings with supervising managers; preparing weekly reports to track and monitor business results, gains and losses.
What you must have
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: One to three years' sales experience; basic understanding of title insurance.
- Communications: Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to support marketing efforts.
- Practical: Well organized, excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite proficient.
- State specific certifications where applicable
What we'd like you to have
- One to two years' escrow, title, or real estate experience.
- Notary license.
At Realogy, diversity fuels success - for our company and for our employees. We strive to be the preferred company for diverse talent, committed to creating an inclusive environment that encourages everyone to succeed. We pursue talent - strategic thinkers who are eager to innovate, focused on execution and accountable for results. We value diversity - respecting backgrounds, cultures, perspectives.
You'll find our commitment to diversity reflected in our achievements:
- Forbes 2020 Best Employers for Diversity.
- Recognized on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index .
- Recognized for gender diversity on our board of directors by Executive Women of New Jersey and Women's Forum of New York.
- First residential real estate company to endorse the Equality Act and fully support H.R. 1447 amending the Fair Housing Act to include LGBTQ+ as protected classes.
With diversity, we succeed together. We hope you'll join us.
Texas American Title Company
Realogy is a global provider of real estate services with a singular mission: We serve agents. This strategy is aimed at growing the base of high-performing independent sales agents at our company-owned and franchisee brokerages, providing services to make them more productive and their businesses more profitable.
While you won't see our name on For Sale signs, you will see those of our industry-leading brands: Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, Century 21, Citi Habitats, Climb Real Estate, Coldwell Banker Real Estate, Corcoran, ERA Franchise Systems and Sotheby's International Realty to name just a few. Our four business units work together to provide a full-service solution to meet the needs of agents and their homebuying clients, from the initial listing until the keys are turned over.
Realogy was recently designated a Great Place to Work® at https://www.realogy.com/news/2019/05/28/realogy-earns-great-place-to-work-designation-for-second-consecutive-year for the second consecutive year, recognizing the company's commitment to providing meaningful work and an environment where employees can grow and succeed. Realogy has 16,600 offices and approximately 302,000 affiliated brokers and agents worldwide. We're the leader in residential real estate sales, with $6.1 billion in revenue in 2018, nearly 1.4 million real estate transactions and approximately 16 percent of market share of the U.S. residential real estate market. We're there to serve agents who help people find and buy houses, move, and finance their dream.
Texas American Title Company has been in the Houston market for over forty years and is built on a tradition of excellence and guided by a spirit of integrity throughout all aspects of the closing process. Our team brings a unique blend of knowledge, personal commitment and expertise to every transaction. Texas American Title is owned and operated by Title Resource Group (TRG).
Title Resource Group is in the business of making houses into homes coast to coast. Once the deal is sealed, TRG completes all the necessary work in the title and home closing settlement process to transfer ownership of the property and bring the real estate transaction to a successful conclusion. TRG helps facilitate all aspects of the purchase process to help agents and their customers get deals done. We work with customers, financial institutions, insurance companies, real estate agents and brokers - both within and outside the Realogy family - to ensure all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed so deals close on time. When all the documents are signed, the funds are wired, the keys are exchanged and the transactions are recorded, TRG's work continues as it also insure title policies in connection with the real estate transactions. In 2018, TRG was involved in the closing of approximately 176,000 transactions with net revenue at nearly $580 million.