Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager – Corporate Accounting and Finance with US Government contracting experience to join our leadership team in Rockville MD. This role is a strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team, and a trusted and confidential adviser to the business owners. The role is responsible for the financial reporting, guidance, strategy, reporting, DCAA/DCMA audits, and financial forecasting for the company. The candidate will use their expertise to provide guidance with respect to balancing growth, financial decision making, rate development, profit levels, and help position the company for financial success. This position will provide both strategic, tactical, and organizational leadership to the financial activities of the company, also advising the broader management team as a thought leader in identifying profit generating opportunities; this role is for someone who not only works with the numbers but beyond them.
This role requires a hands-on leader, who is comfortable doing the work and guiding the team’s efforts, has the ability and track record to empower employees, fosters a sense of ownership among the team, and agility to work within a fast paced and highly dynamic business environment.
- Provide leadership in the development of financial models, metrics, and progress reporting of short and long-term strategic financial goals and objectives.
- Provide detailed and accurate analytical insights on the company’s financial and operational performance.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of planning, budgeting, forecasting, and modeling tools and processes to improve automation and efficiency.
- Provide executive management with advice and recommendations on the financial implications of business activities.
- Build collaboration and trust-based relationships with the leadership team and staff including disseminating/presenting financial information and key points to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the company’s annual budgeting and forecasting of revenue, rates, capital purchases to meet strategic goals, and provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations such as receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Lead, assess, and manage the consolidation of company’s financials.
- Lead and manage the company’s cash flow models and provide analysis and recommendations whenever needed in support of programs, investments, contract negotiations, etc.
- Prepare and present financial analysis and models to executives, board members, investors or investment groups related to target company acquisitions and capital raises to expand operations.
- Lead, manage, and develop the finance and accounting department staff, and develop process and procedures in support of the company scalability.
- Work with Human Resources to support accounting requirements for company benefit programs including the 401(k) plan and serve as the Plan administrator and provide oversight on the 401(k)-investments.
- Consistently support the management team to achieve budget, revenue and EBITDA goals
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP, the DCAA, FAR and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Lead DCAA/DCMA audits and manage procedures, and oversight of calculation of cost pools, and documentation
- Coordinate closing cycles of financial systems in a timely manner
- Maintain and iterate the accounting system and workflows with a goal towards optimization and efficiency.
- Ensure the credibility of finance/accounting group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Provide financial leadership and expertise with the company’s Deltek Vantagepoint accounting system and workflows with a goal towards optimization and efficiency to meet current needs
- Work closely with other departments in support of bids and proposals, contract negotiations, pricing and financing strategies, and compliance with contracts terms and conditions while ensuring company profitability.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify and mitigate risks and look for potential business opportunities while making recommendations for action, including providing financial expertise in the planning and forecasting of new services, contracts, expansion based on projections.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with leadership/management staff to identify their needs and provide practical business solutions.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressively responsible experience within Corporate Accounting and Finance
- Desired demonstrated adoption of modern tools for business analytics
- Extensive experience in financial reporting & modeling, accounting management, and presenting to and working with operations management, executives, ESOP trustee, investors and investment groups.
- Extensive financial related experience related to US Government Contracts.
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of complex accounting systems, specifically Deltek Vantagepoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in GAAP, DCAA/DCMA, FAR and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and relevant tax laws and compliancy.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in business valuation, employee stock ownership programs and recapitalization strategies.
- Demonstrated excellence in business financing and accounting methodologies, including in-depth understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance, capitalization, and budgeting strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make informed decisions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- MS Excel - Advanced level.
- CPA certification strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in accounting or Finance preferred.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuitionreimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer:The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.