The Health group provides solutions to help government healthcare agencies lower administrative costs, reduce fraud and abuse, and improve the quality of services for individuals. We also provide analytics that combine clinical knowledge with big data technology and techniques to transform petabytes of data into meaningful solutions for our customers.
This role will serve as part of the operations team helping to transition, modernize and sustain the Defense Health Agency's IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services. This position lies in the integration layer of the Service Integration and Management (SIAM) model, overseeing the transition to a SIAM operating model supporting an enterprise of military and civilian government end-users worldwide. The Transition Project Manager will help plan the transition of 600+ military treatment facilities into Service Provider roles, assisting with the adoption of this complex organizational change.
Specifically, during the Transition-In period this role is accountable for implementation performance and governance, including addressing issues and risks in implementation. The Transition Project Manager will be required to communicate progress to all stakeholders including the Program team and Government points of contact.
• Understand the military health care business and the impact of the ecosystem on its ability to succeed
• Support the organizational change initiatives required to transition the customers operations to the commercial-based SIAM ecosystem model
• Manage the transition and design of the SIAM organization to an operational state, including any required staffing, processes, and strategic direction
• Optimize the overall operation of the ecosystem services, managed service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer
• Collaborate with other ecosystem support functions such as Integrated Operations, and the Integrated Service Center to manage the cross-functional processes required for seamless transition
• Oversee creation and implementation of the Transition-In Plan
• Coordinate activities with the delivery teams and Government points of contact
• Conduct briefings with the customer for progress reports, explanation of new procedures, and other ad hoc briefings required for the transition of services.
• Directly support the Program Manager and Deputy to ensure that all SIAM programmatic level responsibilities (e. g., staffing, programmatic deliverables, reporting, ad hoc requests, etc.) are completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner
• Manage teams with well-defined scope, including directing daily work activities/priorities, people recruitment and development, cost management, and direction-setting within the area of responsibility.
• Manage team and individual performance
• Resolve/monitor customer escalations as appropriate
• Establish and manage relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business.
• Leader in IT Operations transition and delivery
• Familiarity with MSI and SIAM operations and how delivery interacts
• Lead managed IT infrastructure service transitions
• Familiarity with IT Service Management toolsets such as ServiceNow and Remedy
• Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience and leadership in IT Operations Transitions
• Experience leading large teams in a matrixed management structure
• Demonstrated experience with facets of personnel management
• Skilled at working collaboratively in a complex environment and driving performance achievement and improvements
• Data-driven mindset of service excellence and customer satisfaction
• Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities
• Understanding of DOD program and risk management practices
• Ability to communicate across communities with exceptional written and oral communications skills, including executive-level presentations
• Demonstrated experience leading large-scale transitions of IT Operations
• Experience leading a transition to MSI/SIAM preferred
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Total of 12 years of relevant experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (highly desired)
• ITIL v4 Foundations Certified or ability to obtain within first six months
• Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust).
For Colorado Residents
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO (https://perspecta.com/eeo-aa) Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).