McShane Construction has an opening for an experienced Assistant Project Manager to participate and assist in all of the various activities required to sell, design, and construct a project, including subcontracting, estimating, cost management, schedule management, safety, and quality management. The position is based out of our Scottsdale, Arizona office with regular field visits to local job sites expected.
- Contract Administration: Implement the terms and conditions of the contract based upon established systems, policies, and procedures. Includes bidding, preparing contract documents, defining and monitoring compliance with documentation requirements, defining and monitoring compliance with the submittal process, and project close-out.
- Cost Management: Manage all or part of the cost of a planning, design, and construction process to remain within the owner's budget, including cost estimating, cost reporting, cost breakouts, pay requests, cash flow analysis, change orders, and forecasts.
- Schedule Management: Monitor and manage the project schedule throughout the course of the project to ensure the project is completed in compliance with the contract terms. Includes identifying the major components of the project, their sequence, and durations, utilizing scheduling software, scheduling subcontractors and deliveries, resolving time conflict issues, and/or scheduling staffing.
- Quality Management: Review, inspect, and test project systems, materials, documents, techniques, and workmanship to ensure conformance to the plans, specifications, and applicable standards. Includes the Quality Control Plan, review of shop drawings and submittals, field inspections, material acceptance, and punch list completion.
- Safety Management: Implement and monitor procedures to protect the health and safety of jobsite employees, visitors, and the general public. Includes the jobsite safety plan, safety inspections, subcontractor insurance compliance, OSHA compliance, and maintaining current OSHA training.
- Client Relations: Build and maintain positive relationships with clients based on trust and value through communication, client service, and performance. May participate in preparing or contributing to the development of proposals and proposal materials.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and field experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in the construction industry. Jobsite experience is preferred. Design/build experience is desirable.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of electrical, mechanical, structural, civil, landscaping, and architectural plans as they relate to schedules, cost, performance, and aesthetics.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work productively with clients, owners, project professionals, and field and office staff.
- Ability to proactively identify problems and propose possible solutions.
- Ability to use a computer, the Internet, and MicroSoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
No Agency Inquiries Please
The McShane Companies (McShane Construction Company, Cadence McShane Construction Company, and Conor Commercial Real Estate) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. The McShane Companies will not pay a placement fee in connection with any such unsolicited resumes.