Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Preferred locations: Littleton MA, RTP NC, Austin TX, Phoenix AZ, San Jose CA, Lexington KY, Boulder/Denver CO, North Castle NY, Remote
The IBM Security Operational Services team is seeking network engineers that enjoy solving problems and working on cloud-based environments. Qualified candidates will have strong network troubleshooting skills, drive to ensure robust network performance, and support secure communications with a high number of connected customers. The role requires excellent collaboration with team members and other IT organizations to successfully support the suite of tools offered by the team.
Essential Job Duties:
- Understand requirements and build connectivity following the security architecture
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues
- Effectively communicate with customers and partners via phone, chat and case regarding technical issues.
- Perform day-to-day operations and manage Firewall, VPN, and Load Balancer devices
- Suggest and propose architectural changes to improve efficiency
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years experience working in the cloud computing industry with focus around networking, firewalls, network automation.
- 2+ years experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field.
- Network protocols/technologies: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), IPv4/6, Internet Protocol Security (IPSec VPN), Server Load Balancing, LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol), OpenVPN.
- Cisco, Juniper, Fortigate, or other firewall/router knowledge. Experience in Vyatta/VyOS is plus.
- Troubleshooting with Wireshark/tcpdump.
- Understanding of Cloud-based software development using technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Istio, Project Calico
- System Administration: Linux, Shell/Python/Perl scripting, AD/LDAP.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years experience working in the cloud computing industry with focus around networking, firewalls, network automation.
- 4+ years experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination best practices
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.