Eagle, Vyve and Northland are leading broadband Internet providers serving largely non-urban communities in 16 states. A technology leader in the cable and broadband sectors, Vyve Broadband offers an extensive range of broadband, fiber connectivity, cable television and voice services for commercial and residential customers. Residential services include high-speed Internet with speeds up to Vyve Gig, all-digital, high-definition video and fully featured digital voice. Vyve Business Services provides optical Ethernet, PRI and hosted voice services to the business community. Together, Eagle, Vyve and Northland serve areas of Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.
Delivers learning curriculum and programs with a concentrated focus on Fiber Optic technology, which will include introductory Fiber Optic training, as well as advanced Fiber Optic Training. This training consists of, but is not limited to; Fiber documentation, cable and closure prep, various testing procedures using a wide range of diagnostic equipment, splicing, connectorization, and fiber restoration. In addition to the Fiber Optic components, a strong emphasis and knowledge in HFC Network Architecture, System Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Broadband Business Class Services, RF Theory and Technology, High Speed Data and Telephony are also key to the role.
Supports Corporate Safety Management initiatives and requirements by conducting safety trainings, assessments, inspections, evaluations, etc., to various departments and personnel across the Vyve footprint to ensure a safe workplace and environment for all employees.
Consults with business clients and assumes a leadership role within the training team when those in authority are unavailable. Uses technical expertise and advance training skills to deliver more complex subject matter across all product lines as opportunities are available. Trains from introductory to higher levels as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience:
- Facilitates learning through a variety of delivery methods to develop participants' skill sets. This includes, Classroom Instruction, Team Meeting Trainings, Conference Calls, Net Meeting Training, Train the Trainer sessions, On-line Learning, Hands-on Labs and Peer to Peer Coaching.
- Supervises employees during training. This includes, role modeling the core competences, skills and behaviors of a company leader, tracking attendance, addressing inappropriate behavior and documenting performance, both strengths and development needs.
- Performs all administrative duties associated with conducting training (Technical & Safety). This includes, conducting all pre-training prep work, administering learning schedules and calendars, maintaining participant records (e.g., test scores, evaluations and attendance), performing all required prerequisite requirements and post-training duties.
- Exhibits a commitment to Continuous Learning. This includes, pursuing development activities and opportunities to obtain additional expertise and strengthen core skills, building and improving job-related knowledge and leadership skills; seeking feedback from others and maintaining focus to continue the learning cycle.
- Evaluates learning, up to and including behavior change/performance improvement on the job; provides feedback to learners and their managers; Follows up with leadership team to ensure the learning translates to performance.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Fiber to assist the Curriculum Development team with revisions to existing courseware. This will ensure that market business strategies, desired competencies, changes in job realities and professional development needs of client group are reflected in the training content.
- Facilitates and/or assists required safety training needs as outlined by Corporate Safety Management to include:
- Initial Certification and Annual Recertification for Ladder Handling & Safety, Pole Climbing (if applicable), Defensive Driving, CPR & First Aid, Aerial Lift Safety, etc.
- Ensures safety compliance of employees, facilities, vehicles, PPE and all operations with OSHA, ANSI, ASTM, NFPA and NEC regulations, guidelines and requirements.
- Conducts risk assessments and inspections on company facilities, vehicles, employees and working environments to include office, warehouse and field ensuring compliance and reinforcement of Vyve Broadband safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in task forces, committees and/or team meetings. Manages projects to drive and execute project plans of key business initiatives. Ability to execute the plan & help manage the tasks, deadlines and ongoing communication of the project.
- Assists with essential administrative duties and functions.
- Demonstrates the core competencies and expected behaviors expected of the Trainer position.
- May develop and present other technical training programs as needed or assigned
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and/or work experience.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Four years training delivery work experience at professional level or equivalent
- Three years or equivalent of Fiber Optics experience
- Two years supervisory or management experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
One of the following certifications are required:
- NCTI Master Technician Certification
- SCTE Broadband Transport Specialist Certification. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Lifting and transporting training/safety equipment and setting up classrooms
- On feet up to eight (8) hours/day in training
- Meets same physical requirements as target audience
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- Must be able to travel out of town as required.
WE PROUDLY OFFER:
- A safe, friendly and fun work environment
- Communication, training and career advancement opportunities
- Great benefits package
- A culture that encourages safe job practices, achievement and personal growth
Vyve Broadband, Northland Communications, and Eagle Broadband are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, veteran status, reserve or National Guard status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR