Scope of the Position
The maintenance engineer is the leader of the maintenance department. This person is responsible for overall utilization of plant resources to achieve strategic maintenance and reliability objectives. This includes compliance with Chemtrade Responsible Care objectives including the maintenance and reliability program, preparation and tracking of maintenance budget, implementation of capital projects, and management of all maintenance activities including plant shutdowns.
What You Need to Be Successful
- 1 – 3 years of Leadership experience directing hourly employees preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Experience with Boilers and Instrumentation/Automation.
- Working knowledge of Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power, or Pulp and Paper process equipment to include but not limited to Pumps, Motors, Piping, Valves, Turbines, Boilers and Heat Exchangers
- Experience with safety programs in an industrial facility
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Personal computer and software usage including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Familiarity with SAP – purchasing and plant maintenance module are pluses
- Previous pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Required to perform hands on maintenance activities.
- Develop and supervise the daily maintenance work schedule.
- Perform troubleshooting of plant process and/or equipment issues and also lead group troubleshooting meetings.
- As required will need to work evenings or weekends during plant shutdowns, plant upsets, and abnormal resource issues.
- Accountable for the entire maintenance department’s adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- The maintenance supervisor sets the example for safety in the department by leading and auditing daily crew meetings, performing housekeeping audits, and maintaining excellent personal safety performance.
- Responsible for budgeting, scheduling, pre-outage hazard preparation, measurement metrics, critiques
- Accountable for providing supervision to the execution of maintenance work. Maintain and hold reports and craftsman accountable to clear performance standards.
- Development and management of capital projects.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Position: salaried exempt
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on Facebook.