Responsible for providing EHR end-user support, and network administration/integrity, and supervising the EHR team, for Jemez Health and Human Services.
- Performs EHR system maintenance; troubleshoots any issues that arise within the IBM server; verifies that backups are done daily; troubleshoots user access issues; tracks data usage and manages data; loads patches into EHRs; creates 3PB local mods for electronic transmissions.
- Supervises the Clinical Applications Coordinator (CAC), and EHR Support positions; performs regular audits of subordinates work; directly trains EHR support role and cross train with CAC.
- Provides RPMS/EHR User Support; troubleshoots issues that may arise due to package problems; resets print queue and user credentials; runs Qman, Vgen, Pgen reports; creates user files, create device files.
- Reports to HIM Manager with EHR details, reports, and audits.
- Performs ensemble configuration; adds and modifies Routines and Globals; adds HL7 and troubleshoots interfaces.
- Develops EHR program with implementation of EHR related policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information management systems, or a closely related field; AND four (4) years of professional information systems user support and network administration.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- EHR software capabilities and installation techniques; documentation and user instruction methods and techniques.
- Computer system hardware and business application software operating capabilities and limitations.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, office automation and/or standard report generation.
- Installation and maintenance of personal computer and network hardware and software
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting EHR software.
- Analyzing user issues and providing problem resolution.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware, peripherals and software EHR.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Cisco certified IT credential.
- CompTIA’s Server+, or other comparable enterprise level IT credential or ability to attain within (90) days of start date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.