We are recruiting a contract interpreter in various languages, particularly Spanish
to become part of our team in Wilmington and other regions of NC. Case assignations typically have a duration of two hours. Evaluation and Interpreter training provided. Interpreter Job Description:
- Form a partnership with Bilingual Connections with the goal of meeting our client’s needs with the utmost professionalism.
- Interpret between source and target language with accuracy, clarity, and transparency.
- Abide by the NCIHC National Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Abide by HIPAA regulations.
- Flexible scheduling on as needed basis.
- Associate Degree or degree seeking.
- Demonstrated fluency in source and target language.
- Previous experience in interpretation required (time spent volunteering is accepted).
- Proficiency with medical terminology.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- CCHI or IMIA Certification a plus.
- Able to use good judgment based on established guidelines in ever changing situations.
- Have a driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be willing to drive up to 40 miles to interpretation locations (reimbursement for miles is provided).
- Access to a computer and email account.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be objective and professional while maintaining a warm demeanor.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Business casual attire.
- From $25/hour plus 40¢ per mile driven to and from an assignment.
Please provide a cover letter and CV, specifying your city
and the language(s)
you are qualified to interpret. We offer this employment opportunity regardless of an individual's race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, genetic information, or disability.
About Bilingual Connections:
Bilingual Connections is a professional foreign language firm who provides comprehensive language services in over 70 languages for a variety of industries. We deliver solutions that facilitate multilingual and multicultural communication to help individuals gain meaningful access to services and to help companies cater to individuals with limited English proficiency.