TCF Bank is a premier Midwest bank offering consumer and commercial banking, trust and wealth management, and specialty leasing and lending products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
Our team members will join other professionals that share the philosophy of making a positive impact. We are committed to building better communities by improving the quality of life in the communities we serve.
With TCF Bank, you will be part of a fast-paced, community-minded organization while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities.
TCF National Bank and its affiliated companies (collectively TCF) is an equal employment opportunity employer. TCF’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital or familial status, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. TCF also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. TCF’s policy is to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or other characteristic as required by applicable law.
TCF provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need an accommodation or assistance in the application process, please contact TCF Human Capital Management at [1-833-HCM-8454 or [HCMSC@tcfbank.com].
The Teller is responsible for processing customer transactions for a variety of products and services, and upholding TCF’s brand promise by providing accurate, fast and friendly customer service. Establish and solidify customer relationships by understanding their evolving needs and providing solutions for the right products and services. Uphold TCF’s customer service expectations of being helpful, knowledgeable, and respectful while interacting with customers and coworkers. Offer appropriate financial solutions to help customers save, transact, and borrow. Resolve customer concerns through quality service and product knowledge.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• Build long-standing relationships with TCF customers by providing excellent customer service and maintaining thorough knowledge of all products TCF offers. Build customer trust and loyalty by proficiently answering customer’s questions; explaining policies thoroughly, and fulfilling customer needs. Serve as a TCF brand ambassador and TCF product and service expert. Promote a positive image of TCF with each customer every time.
• Efficiently gather customer information, identify financial needs, and educate the customer on TCF's products and services. Make appropriate recommendations to the customer to meet their financial priorities. Promote TCF products, services, and programs. Meet individually assigned sales goals with a high level of quality in terms of relationships and new accounts.
• Consult with customers on specific account needs; convey rates, service charges and restrictions, and offer available programs to improve the customer experience.
• Process transactions and engage in sales while communicating professionally, clearly and confidently. Perform services including wire transfers, customer information changes, death claims, accurate processing of IRA distributions/contributions, loan payment processing, and Regulation E and fraud claim resolution, adhering to TCF and Federal regulations. Investigate and resolve special account inquiries such as legal transactions requiring coordination with TCF counsel, outside attorneys, and customers.
• Consistently seek out prospective customers through referrals, affinity partners, community involvement, telemarketing, and direct mail programs.
• Balance terminal daily according to established procedures, locate and/or correct errors or missing information. Maintain accurate balancing/loss record that meets TCF guidelines.
• Maintain all audit requirements. Interpret and accurately process customer requests and transactions according to TCF guidelines. Maintain established controls such as check holds, identification procedures, and all other pertinent verification necessary to transact business.
• High school degree or GED, or working towards completion.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
• Six months proven service results in a customer centric, results-driven environment. Ability to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service skills.
• Effective communication (verbal and non-verbal), interpersonal skills, and active listening skills. Ability to engage with customers; begin a conversation, build rapport, and handle objections. Comfortable asking customers about their personal finances.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally while servicing customers.
• Highly developed skills and commitment to customer satisfaction.
• Ability to perform necessary calculations; proficient in basic computer skills
• As a new hire will be required to attend and successfully pass all testing for TCF’s Teller training program.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
• Previous customer contact/sales experience.
• Six months or more of cash handling experience.