Providence St. Joseph Health is calling Principal Enterprise Client Architect PSJH to our location in Renton, WA; Redmond, WA; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Beaverton, OR; Anaheim, CA; or Anchorage, AK.
Providence is on a transformational journey to modernize and advance the technology and infrastructure that enables the organization to provide patient care that is second to none. We are actively implementing cloud strategies and modern client management practices and tools that redefine, improve, and enhance the experiences of caregivers across the company. Innovation is foundational as we build from the ground up, and as we accelerate and advance our practices we are looking for technologists that will help us influence the industry while we transform healthcare at Providence.
We are seeking a Principal level SCCM/Intune Modern Endpoint Management Architect to focus on the role of the Client OS in the enterprise. In this role, you will leverage your deep technical expertise to architect automation throughout our client delivery infrastructure, maintain a governance structure surrounding key activities within your accountable areas, and create sustainable processes surrounding all client operations. You will also mentor and develop other members of the team, and work independently with other Information Services professionals (e.g. Operations, Engineering, Architecture, and Application teams). In these activities you will apply your specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to ensure the Client OS is optimized for the delivery of clinical and business services. Ensuring this level of optimization requires close work with clinical and non-clinical caregivers, project managers, and other IS professionals in order to enumerate requirements from these various groups of stakeholders. In the course of this work, you will author new or modify existing documentation related to the Client OS and associated management practices.
The environment is fast paced and very dynamic and requires an individual capable of making independent decisions at times without complete knowledge or guidance but doing so in a manner that accounts for industry recognized best practices to help ensure the most positive outcome in a given situation.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work independently without supervision.
- Provide industry-recognized, expert level configuration and optimization of the Client Operating System to support requirements for clinical and non-clinical services
- Design modernized servicing plans that ensure clients are kept current on OS, Driver, Patch, Firmware, and Security requirements.
- Design automation that drives manual effort out of common practices.
- Design the engineering and approach to the day to day administration of our Microsoft Endpoint Manager environment, including Configuration Manager, Intune, Autopilot, Desktop Analytics.
- Deliver technical leadership to Intune Services and surrounding technologies that include Networking and Directory Services.
- Assist the team in planning and design of architecture, strategy and our roadmap surrounding endpoint technologies.
- Analyze, influence and translate business requirements into architectural diagrams that execute our Enterprises technology vision.
- Provide technical peer review and consulting services.
- Thrive in and be a leader in the organization and keep pace with the state of the art, and be an example and mentor and coach to your team.
- Author clear, concise and complete communications for change, incident and problem management.
- Plan, research, and design solutions in support of strategic plans or clinical/business requirements.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering, and Operations peers to develop enterprise-wide technical standards and roadmaps.
- Estimate infrastructure component costs with vendors and internal technology resources for current and proposed projects.
- Provide direction in developing specifications/requirements for selecting and testing new technologies.
- Evaluate system designs, provides recommendations to improve performance, security, and functionality.
- Develop and guide the implementation of solutions that improve information reporting and metrics.
- Create and maintain internal training materials that provide appropriate information to systems staff for procedures, processes and knowledge transfer.
- Assist in budgeting activities for Enterprise projects, department capital and operational budgets, feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis.
- Participate in the development and adherence to project schedules.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and best practices related to the Client Operating System and System Management tools.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent education/experience.
- Advanced PowerShell Scripting experience.
- 8 years of related experience.
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) certifications upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- SCCM/Intune experience.
- Current Microsoft Azure Cloud certifications are a plus.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: IT Operations and Support
Other Location(s): Washington-Seattle, Oregon-Portland, Oregon-Beaverton, Alaska-Anchorage, California-Anaheim, Washington-Redmond