The Caregiver 1 provides clients with assistance in activities of daily living (ADLs). The Caregiver 1 performs basic household and/or personal care tasks and typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
The Caregiver 1 addresses needs related to disabilities, disease and mental impairment. Helps manage client medications, bathes and dresses, takes care of household chores, and prepares meals. Works under clinical supervision and/or within established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatments and providing related patient care
- Understanding of personal care techniques, including the principles of infection control
- Sensitivity to the differences in patient needs that may arise from cultural or ethnic differences
- Ability to read, understand, and print simple instructions and notes
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand
- Successful drug & background screening
- Successful reference verification
- Access to reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of smartphone and apps
- Use of a personal email account and smartphone
- C.N.A. or H.H.A certification (varies by state)
- High school diploma
- Prior caregiving experience
- Knowledge of state-specific Home Healthy Agency requirements
- Basic computer skills and/or clerical experience
- Ability to type 25-30 words per minutes accurately
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Mission: At Humana, our cultural foundation is aligned to helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. Recognizing healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family and for each community, Humana continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms -when and where they need it. Our employees are at the heart of making this happen and that's why we are dedicated to building an organization of dynamic talent whose experience and passion center on putting the customer first.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to validate the request.
If you are a California resident and would like to review our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Policy click here: